Home : State Health Education Bureau
To create awareness among the general public about various national health programmes, observance of fortnight, week, days under various national health programmes, organizing health camps, health melas, presentations of tableaux, procurement & printing of IEC materials like posters, handbills, leaflets, protocol duties etc.
Activities undertaken during the year 2014-15.
Celebration/Observance of Days, fortnight under various National Health
Programmes to create Health Awareness among the general public of A & N Islands.
1. Celebrated World Health Day 2014 on 7th April 2014 in all the Health Institutions of Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
2. Celebrated World No Tobacco day 2014 on 31st May 2014 in all the Health Institutions of Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
3. Celebrated “International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking” 2014 on 26thJune 2014 in all the Health Institutions of Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
4. Celebrated “World Population Day” 2014 on 11thJuly 2014 in all the health institution of Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
5. Celebrated “World Breast Feeding Week 2014” from 1st August to 7th August 2014.
6. Celebrated “National Nutrition Week 2014” from 1st September to 7th September 2014.
7. Celebrated Global Iodine Deficiency Disorder Prevention Day on 21st October 2014.
8. Celebrated Intensified Diarrhoea Control Fortnight (IDCF) from 28th July to 8th August 2014.
I. IEC activities.
1. Group Meetings: - 1802 No. of group meetings organized on various health problems such as prevention and control of Tuberculosis, STD/HIV/AIDS, Leprosy and other Communicable & Non - Communicable diseases, small family norms, various methods of family planning and the facilities available under Family Welfare programme, ill effects of Alcoholism & consumption of Tobacco products, Nutritional food habit and balanced diet and Personal hygiene and environmental Sanitation.
2. Demonstration: - 485 field demonstrations on YOGA, ORS preparation. Water purification Methods, Garbage disposal and Family planning methods with the support of models during various field programs.
II . Development of IEC materials:-
The State Health Education Bureau of Directorate of Health Services has developed audio CD’s and IEC materials on different Health topics and distributed to all Health Institutions of A & N Islands to carryout Health awareness campaign under their respective jurisdictions.
III. Health Mela
Participated in the Vikas Mela, Subhash Mela, Vivekananda Mela at Diglipur, Mayabunder, Rangat. Kadamtala, Havelock and Niel Island by putting Health stall to make aware the general public about various health schemes available under various health programmes.
IV. Presentation of Health Tableau
Presented a Health Tableau on 26th January 2014 depicting messages on different National Health Programmes during the Republic Day parade.
V. Island Tourism Festival
Participated in the Island Tourism Festival by putting Health Assistance Booth for the welfare of the general public. A State level Healthy Baby contest on different age group also conducted during the ITF.
VI. Bharat Nirman Public Information
Participated in the Bharat Nirman Public Information Campaign held at Nancowry by putting Health Stall to make aware the general public about various Health Schemes available under various Health Programmes.
Multispecialty Medical Camp
Multispecialty medical camps were organized regularly at G B Pant Hospital, Port Blair and outlying health institutions of A& N Island in coordination with Mainland Hospitals and A&N Private Doctors Association by providing super specialist services to the needy patient.