Home : Reproductive Child Health
Reproductive Child Health (RCH-II)
The main aim of the programme is to reduce infant, child and maternal mortality rates. The main objectives of the programme in its first phase were:
• To improve the implementation and management of policy by using a participatory planning approach and strengthening institutions to maximum utilization of the project resources.
• To improve quality, coverage and effectiveness of existing Family Welfare services.
• To gradually expand the scope and coverage of the Family Welfare services to eventually come to a defined package of essential RCH services.
• Progressively expand the scope and content of existing FW services to include more elements of a defined package of essential.
• Give importance to disadvantaged areas of districts or cities by increasing the quality and infrastructure of Family Welfare services.