Home : National Programme for Prevention and Control of Deafness
National Programme for Prevention and Control of Deafness (NPPCD)
• To prevent the avoidable hearing loss on account of disease or injury.
• Early identification, diagnosis and treatment of ear problems responsible for hearing loss and deafness
• To medically rehabilitate persons of all age groups, suffering with deafness.
• To strengthen the existing inter-sectoral linkages for continuity of the rehabilitation Program, for persons with deafness
• To develop institutional capacity for ear care services by providing support for equipment and material and training personnel