Home : National Programme for Prevention and Control of Deafness
National Programme for Prevention and Control of Deafness (NPPCD)
• To prevent the avoidable hearing loss on account of disease or injury.
• Early identification, diagnosis and treatment of ear problems responsible for hearing loss and deafness
• To medically rehabilitate persons of all age groups, suffering with deafness.
• To strengthen the existing inter-sectoral linkages for continuity of the rehabilitation Program, for persons with deafness
• To develop institutional capacity for ear care services by providing support for equipment and material and training personnel
New Born Screening Under NPPCD
The screening for hearing amongst the new born has been carried out routinely in GBPH, Port Blair Under NPPCD Programme.