Home : National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer Diabetes, CVD and Stroke
National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer Diabetes, CVD and Stroke (NPCDCS)
National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardio vascular Diseases & Stroke (NPCDCS) is now being implemented in 3 districts of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Under this Programme Opportunistic Screening of Common NCDs (Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardiovascular Diseases and Common Cancer- Oral, Breast and Cervical) are being done from all the health facilities (PHC to Dist. Hospital) and followed by diagnosis and treatment.
Along with this for early detection of Diabetes, Hypertension, & three common cancers (Oral, Breast and Cervical) , Population Based Screening (PBS) of all persons above 30 years are being conducted with the help of ASHA, ANM and followed by diagnosis and treatment by the Medical Officers
• Health promotion through behavior change with involvement of community, civil society, community based organizations, media etc.
• Opportunistic screening at all levels in the health care delivery system from sub centre and above for early detection of diabetes, hypertension and common cancers. Outreach camps are also envisaged.(30 years & above)
• To prevent and control chronic Non-Communicable diseases, especially Cancer , Diabetes, CVDs and Stroke.
• To build capacity at various levels of health care for prevention, early diagnosis , treatment, IEC/BCC, operational research and rehabilitation.
• To support for diagnosis and cost effective treatment at primary, secondary and tertiary levels of health care.
Achievement during 2020-2021
Total no.of NCD screening done : 24609 persons ( from April 2020 till March 2021 )