Home : National Programme for Control of Blindness
National Programme for Control of Blindness (NPCB)
• To reduce the backlog of blindness through identification and treatment of blind at primary, secondary and tertiary levels based on assessment of the overall burden of visual impairment in the country.
• Develop and strengthen the strategy of NPCB for “Eye Health” and prevention of visual impairment; through provision of comprehensive eye care services and quality service delivery.
• Strengthening and upgradation of RIOs to become centre of excellence in various sub-specialities of ophthalmology
• Strengthening the existing and developing additional human resources and infrastructure facilities for providing high quality comprehensive Eye Care in all Districts of the country;
• To enhance community awareness on eye care and lay stress on preventive measures;
• Increase and expand research for prevention of blindness and visual impairment
• To secure participation of Voluntary Organizations/Private Practitioners in eye Care